Shipping & Delivery
Covid-19 & Import Taxes
- How do you know your order has been fulfilled? We aim to process orders within 3-5 working days (Monday-Friday) and you will receive an automated email once your order has been fulfilled and taken to the Post Office. We use a business service that usually processes bulk orders on the next working day. So if you receive your email on a Monday, your parcel will typically be dispatched by Royal Mail on Tuesday. After dispatch your order will arrive in about two days (UK), a week (EU) or up to two weeks (rest of the world).
- All orders will be shipped in high quality fully recyclable and recycled packaging which contains zero plastic. We encourage you to reuse and recycle the packaging your goods were sent in.
- If you require a trackable service for a special purchase, please contact us as soon as you place your order to notify us and we can discuss the shipping options.
- The standard shipping method we use is by Royal Mail first class with a flat rate shipping fee to the UK mainland of £3.50. This service is not tracked.
- Postage is free if you spend £100 – this only applies to standard delivery within the UK (2-4 days).
- If an item is not delivered, the customer will need to make a claim to the postal service used for the lost parcel. We keep proof of postage for all items we have sent but we cannot accept responsibility for items lost in transit.
- If you are a wholesale customer, we will give you several shipping options and the option to insure the contents or not.
- If your order is exceptionally big/heavy and the shipping costs on our website haven’t covered the costs, we will contact the customer to invoice for shipping separately. We reserve the right to do so and will contact the customer before fulfilling the order.
Status update as of 27/01/2021: The UK is in a nationwide lockdown with only essential work outside of the home allowed.
Due to the ongoing worldwide pandemic and government guidelines, our processing times may at times be longer to adhere to these guidelines. You will always receive an email notification once your order has been fulfilled.
Selkie Patterns continues to operate and ship, and no outside visitors are allowed in our studio. The team has formed a support bubble which means our households can operate as one and work as one, with no other contact allowed. We work from home partly and go into the studio to pack and ship your orders. To adhere to guidelines we limit our contact with postal services and this means we sometimes group parcels together to limit our exposure.
Once your order has been shipped, there may be delays due to postal services being understaffed or due to border delays for customers purchasing from outside the UK. There is nothing we can do about this and we urge you to give the parcel extra time to arrive. If your parcel hasn’t arrived after two weeks (UK) and three weeks (EU/world) please give us a heads up and we will assist you as best as we can. Before these time frames, please do not contact us about the whereabouts of your parcel as they will still be in transit. The likelihood of parcels getting lost is extremely low, so we appreciate your patience with the longer delivery times. We cannot take responsibility for a parcel not arriving by a specific date, like a birthday or event.
Regarding customs, import taxes and post-Brexit shipping:
- For orders sent outside of the UK, customs charges and/or import taxes may apply; these charges are the responsibility of the customer. Please note that we cannot advise on customs charges or import taxes as these differ in all countries and are the responsibility of the customer. We cannot legally understate the value of a parcel to work around customs duties.
- Our parcels are sent from the UK, which is no longer an EU member as per 1 January 2021. Customs duties will be applicable to all parcels delivered outside of the UK and these are the responsibility of the customer. We reserve the right to deny a return for customers who want to return their parcels to avoid paying these costs.
- UK- Standard Delivery: £3.50 (2-4 days)
- UK- Free if you spend over £100 – this only applies to standard delivery within the UK (2-4 days)
- Europe- £12 European orders should arrive within 5-10 working days.
- Rest of the world- £17 deliveries to the rest of the world should arrive within 7-14 days.
If you require an express service, please email us as soon as you place your order with your postage requirements and your order number. You can reach us on email@example.com
If your order has to be sent in separate parcels or the postage on the website doesn’t cover the amount, we will contact the customer prior to fulfilling the order to discuss the options and, if needed, invoice for extra postage.