Your download comes with:
- A0 copy shop file: full scale pattern on three sheets, ready to be printed by a copy shop.
- A4 file: tiles that you can print at home and stick together.
- A step by step, full colour instruction booklet with tips and tricks to sew your own Celeste. You can print this, but we recommend reading it on your laptop/computer/tablet.
- PDF booklet on how to adapt and work with the Celeste to make it suitable for people with different disabilities and neurodiversities, made in consultation with Samantha from Purple Sewing Cloud.
Please see our PDF Print Guide for more information on how to print or assemble your digital pattern. Please note you have three attempts to download your pattern. This is to safeguard our digital products online.
This pattern has been drafted in two size bands: UK 6-16 B Cup (US 2-12 and EU 34-44) & UK 18-32 D Cup (US 14-28 and EU 46-60). Please see the specific size chart for this pattern here. Sizes 18-32 have been drafted with a slightly bigger bicep and armhole.
For this pattern, we strongly recommend picking a size based on the finished bust measurement, as the rest of the garment is non-fitted.
Celeste gives you the balance of a casual feel with a glammed up look, depending on your fabric choice. For this garment we recommend using fabrics such as viscose linen, chambray, light and medium weight rayon, Tencel, bamboo, double gauze and crepe de chine. For beginners try a cotton poplin or lawn for a crisp summer dress that’s easy to handle under the machine. For a luxury look why not try a lovely silk dupion, velvet or even a broderie anglaise!
What you will need:
The fabric requirements below are based on 150 cm wide fabric. Please note that we do not recommend a fabric width of 110 cm for this pattern due to the sleeve pattern not being able to be placed on a narrow width.
• Fabric requirements for the sleeves: 0.5 m for sleeve 1, 0.9 m for sleeve 2, 1.2 m for sleeve 3, 0.6 m for sleeve 4.
• Fabric requirement for the optional collar: 0.5 m of fabric plus interfacing.
• Fabric requirements sizes 6–16: 1.5 m for the blouse, 2.7 m for the dress (please add sleeve and collar fabric requirements as per above).
• Fabric requirements sizes 18-32: 1.6 m for the blouse, 2.8 m for the dress (please add sleeve and collar fabric requirements as per above).
• 2 cm wide elastic enough for two cuffs if making sleeve versions 2, 3.
• 1 cm wide elastic enough for two cuffs if making sleeve version 4.
• Hook and eye for back fastening.
• Matching thread.
• Sewing machine.
For inspiration, visit our Celeste Lookbook.