Your download comes with:
- A0 copy shop file: full scale pattern on two sheets, ready to be printed by a copy shop.
- A4/US Letter file: tiles that you can print at home and stick together.
- A step by step, fully colour illustrated instruction booklet with tips and tricks (including a zip guide) to sew your own London. You can print this or read it on your laptop/computer/tablet. The sleeve pack has detailed photographs to help you with the instructions.
Please see our PDF Print Guide for more information on how to print or assemble your digital pattern. Please note you have three attempts to download your pattern.
For the skirt we recommend a medium or heavy weight cotton, denim or heavy linen. For the dress you could use a light or medium weight cotton or bamboo, depending on how much structure you want in the sleeves and skirt. Choose a fabric with some drape for a softer effect. Linen, cotton lawn, lightweight cottons or bamboo will be beautiful for your blouse. If you are using the sleeve pack then a lightweight fabric will give a lovely billowy, romantic look to your sleeves, whereas a fabric with more weight will give a striking tie feature if you opt for the full length sleeve.
What you will need:
- Skirt: 1.8m fabric (115–150cm wide). Blouse: 1.9m (115cm wide) or 1.4m (150cm wide). Dress: 2.8m (115cm wide) or 2m (150cm wide).
- 0.5m interfacing in a similar weight to your fabric.
- Matching thread.
- Zip: 7–9″ for the skirt, 23″ for the top and 23–25″ for the dress. For the skirt we recommend a regular zip, however for the blouse and dress you could also use an invisible zip. A slightly longer zip for the dress and skirt will help you if you normally have to wriggle into clothes.
- Hook and bar or button for the skirt.
- Sewing machine with a zipper foot.
- 3/4 length sleeve: an additional 0.7 m (150 cm wide fabric) or 1.4 m (all fabric widths under 150 cm)
- Full length sleeve: 1.7 m (all fabric widths)
- Optional bias binding for both sleeve options.
Pair the London with our in house designed British made fabrics for a stylish and sustainable wardrobe. Please see the London Lookbook here.